Foundations of Yoga
Yoga Teacher Training at Adapted Yoga and Pilates
Yoga Teacher Training Programme Module
A 6 week module that encompasses the broad foundations of Yoga- History, philosophy, ethics, methodologies of yoga including meditation, pranayama, Yoga nidra, Asana and the basics of anatomy and physiology from both a Yoga and western sports science perspective.
About this programme module
We have broken this module into 3 main cornerstones that you can do together or individually:
Philosophy of Yoga
This is covered in 6, weekly 2 hr online group sessions live with supporting resources.
- Learn about the origins, history, meaning of and philosophy of Yoga.
- Learn about the different types of Yoga
- Learn about the some of the important texts in Yoga
Anatomy, physiology and subtle body
This is covered in 6, weekly 2hr online group sessions live with supporting resources.
- Learn about the basics of Ayurvedic anatomy, nutrition and body composition
- Learn about chakras, vayus, koshas, nadis, and gunas
- Learn about the structure of the body as a whole and each of our body systems and how they integrate.
- Learn about basic biomechanics
Methodologies of Yoga- Asana, meditation and pranayama
This is covered in 6, 6hr duration face to face sessions on a weekend day.
- Learn about different forms and benefits of meditation
- Learn about different forms and benefits of chanting
- Learn about different forms and benefits of pranayama
- Learn about different types of common asana (physical poses), how they can be performed, their benefits, variations, and more
This (these) modules are suitable for:
- Anyone that wants to complete their 200RYT qualification- this is the first stage of training.
- Anyone that is interested and wants to further their knowledge as to what Yoga is.
What do you need to be able to complete this module?
- A good base of current practice in Yoga Asana (the physical poses) (for methodology)
- A commitment to learning more about yourself as well as about Yoga
- An openness to the different ideas that learning Yoga further will bring
- To be available to all of the sessions – there is a huge value in group learning and participation and this is why this is a large component of the training.
- To practice what you learn, so you have complimentary access to Adapted studio and online classes.
What you do not need?
- To be the best, most flexible, strongest person – as we adapt our methodologies to suit the participant, as long has you have experience a high level of physical ability is not required
- To be book smart- different learning styles are supported so learning is presented in written, verbal, hands on and recorded format.
- Any flash gear- we provide all of the equipment and learning materials required.
We welcome expressions of interest and applications. Entry to the program is based on the maturity and committed-ness of the prospective student; it is not open on a first come first serve basis.
Next start date: 31st May 2021
What our students have to say
“Adapted provide a great teacher training program. Experienced teachers that support you throughout the whole journey. A comprehensive mix of philosophy and physical learning to help you feel fully prepared and confident as a new teacher.”
“I have gained so much from my Adapted Yoga and Pilates yoga teacher; personally and professionally. Thank you to Rebecca and Tilak. “
“Tilak is a very good teacher trainer. He has decades of hands on experience, he has a deep understanding of the human body, mind and soul. He is patient and always has time to help where he can. It was a privilege to train under him. I enjoyed the training. It was life changing. I learned all I need to start my journey as a yoga teacher. “