How to Teach
Yoga Teacher Training at Adapted Yoga and Pilates
Yoga Teacher Training Programme Module
A 4 week module that layers the skills of how to teach Yoga- sequencing, cueing, observation, purpose, modification and adjustment. These skills will be developed for face to face group class teaching, online teaching and one on one teaching. There will be a strong focus on how to integrate the different methodologies of Yoga and Yoga philosophy into a session.
About this programme module
Each week you are expected to complete:
- Observe, assist and/ or teach in a minimum of 3 community Yoga classes a week and provide feedback on each class (Adapted provide you with these opportunities)
- 3x 2hr online theory sessions
- 4x 9hr days of teaching practice
This module is suitable for:
- Anyone that wants to complete their 200RYT qualification- this is the second stage of training.
- Anyone that wants to upskill their current teaching (many Yoga trainings do not provide a large opportunity to practice and learn the teaching aspect)
- Anyone that wants to learn how to teach Yoga
What do you need to be able to complete this module?
- Ability to communicate a good level of understanding of Yoga philosophy and methodologies
- A commitment to observing and considering student (s) and their needs
- Understanding of anatomy, physiology and biomechanics of Yoga methodology
- To be available to all of the sessions – there is a huge value in group learning and participation and this is why this is a large component of the training.
What you do not need
- To be the best, most flexible, strongest person – as we adapt our methodologies to suit the participant, as long has you have experience a high level of physical ability is not required
- To be book smart- different learning styles are supported so learning is presented in written, verbal, hands on and recorded format.
- Any flash gear- we provide all of the equipment and learning materials required.
We welcome expressions of interest and applications. Entry to the program is based on the maturity and committed-ness of the prospective student; it is not open on a first come first serve basis.
Next start date: 26th July 2021
What our students have to say
“Adapted provide a great teacher training program. Experienced teachers that support you throughout the whole journey. A comprehensive mix of philosophy and physical learning to help you feel fully prepared and confident as a new teacher.”
“I have gained so much from my Adapted Yoga and Pilates yoga teacher; personally and professionally. Thank you to Rebecca and Tilak. “
“Tilak is a very good teacher trainer. He has decades of hands on experience, he has a deep understanding of the human body, mind and soul. He is patient and always has time to help where he can. It was a privilege to train under him. I enjoyed the training. It was life changing. I learned all I need to start my journey as a yoga teacher. “